The Snatch - An Overview
- Set up position - Bar Breaking from floor
- First Pull – Bar finishing above the feet
- Second Pull – Vertical Bar trajectory
- Catch and Recovery – Big Chest
The Snatch - Overhead Portion
- Big Chest
- Hips Shift Backwards
- Look up
- Elbows Forwards
- Avoid Excessive Depth
The Snatch - First Pull
- Shoulders above Hips
- Hips above Knees
- Shoulders Forwards of the bar
- Squeezing the bar into the body with the Lats - avoid pendulum effect
- Vertical Bar Trajectory
- Bar finishes above the feet
The Snatch - Second Pull
- Jump Hard
- Stay Over the bar
- Don't throw head backwards
- Finish with Shoulders, Hips, Knees and Ankles in a vertical line
The Snatch - Receiving the Bar
- Stamp the feet - Why?
- Maximise ground contact time - Why?
- Big Chest
The Snatch - A note on putting it all together
In the videos I explained how the snatch works. We broke it down and analysed what was going on. However; if you consciously think about the double knee bend, it will happen too slowly and your lifts will appear segmented.
The analysis was including for your understanding. When executing snatches just remember to keep the bar close during the first pull - finish in an excellent position in order to JUMP HARD at the second pull. The human body/mind are wonderful things, and your subconscious will take over and execute the movement pattern correctly. Trust me on this.
Just remember: Maximal lifts are all about mindset and aggression.